Tuesday, July 12, 2011

INDIA

The Taj is picture perfect, I really was there!
 Well Readers, if you are still there you will finally have something to read. I am not even going to try to catch you up on my adventures one post at a time. I will just a few big events that have been happening in a few posts. The first big thing will be to share some pictures and a little about my trip to India with you.
The trip to India was short, but enough time to open my eyes and heart wider to a different land in this large world I am living in. India is a big country and in the place I visited...New Delhi and Agra, there are people everywhere. My experience in India had some ups and downs just as most things do, but it was an experience I would not trade for anything. I want to share with you things I experienced for the first time and that I will never forget


1. TAJ MAHAL
I visited a wonder of the world that truly was breathtaking and remarkable. The Taj Mahal! It's beauty and story are unique. Your mind just wonders in the construction of the architecture and the purpose for it's build. It was constructed out of love to serve as a tomb for the love of one Sheik. I can't believe I had the opportunity to see this for myself, walk inside and around a place that has been marveled over for years.






RECKLESS words pierce like a sword but the tongue of the wise brings healing
On my way to see the wonder of the Taj, I had my first verbal fight with a man with a monkey. He tried to trick me into taking a picture by telling me he would NOT charge me. I hesitated and almost took a picture, he thought I did and I insisted I did not. After he thought I took a picture he demanded I pay, I tried to plead my case of innocence (not with much love in my voice or heart) however, eventually we came to a mutual understanding and I left learning a few things about myself as well as a few things about this man who will impact my life in a positive way when I remember him.

3. HARVEST
I saw many rice fields of my favorite type of rice, truly beautiful!
   FOOD
Palak Paneer and Naan...I LOVE indian food! I ate palak paneer multiple time while in INdia it is a spinach based curry and the naan is a type of bread that you scoop the naan up with, delicious



4. TRANSPORTATION
Camels on the HIghway. I saw several camels hard at work passing cars, being passed by cars as they hauled some type of materials



5. TRADES
Bazaar's are shopping stores where business men and tradesmen display their handmade creations for tourists to purchase. I saw many scarfs, marble works, purses, rugs, and many other things







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment