Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Change of Seasons


The beginning of Spring from a view  at work.
 
  
Walking on water???
Seasons come and go, as they do so they bring new surroundings and perfect opportunities for new adventures. As spring took full speed in Korea I took full speed on catching up on my outdoor time that I had deprived myself of during the cold winter. Seeing the cherry blossoms was a must. It has always been a dream of mine that my grandmother also shares. Hopefully my photos will capture the beauty I experienced and give her eyes an illusion of seeing blossoms in Asia during the spring. Gyeonju is the ancient capital city of Korea and the place to be to see the blossoms. I took a day trip to this city, which was 2 hours by express train. Jesse, Teresa and a friend of theirs were there to meet me! We had a fun day of hiking, walking on water, eating street food, and enjoying the spring season together. Here is a small glimpse of what we saw.....



To stretch my traveling legs a little further one weekend I took another short venture into the country land of Korea (AKA Bonghwa...Jesse and Teresa's home for their year in Korea). Jesse and Teresa greeted me at the bus stop, we shared a meal Korean style on the floor! We then took a night stroll by the river and played a competitive game of midnight croquet. Which I dominantly lost. The next day we visited the street market, made gimbap for a picnic lunch, hiked through the country side, visited a beautiful stream called SoakJan and went to a cookie festival where cookies were absent. I then caught a bus back to the city life.




More adventures coming soon of what should be called "The Adventures of Kate, The Ever so Consistenly Inconsistent Blogger"
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: