Thursday, July 14, 2011

Birthday Cake in Korea

Delicious Fruit Birthday Cake

Birthday cake in Korea is DELICIOUS! My co-teachers surprised me with a fruity cake from Paris Baguette (a very popular bakery) for breakfast, yes breakfast! It was lovely, and they spoiled me with their singing and fellowship before a day full of teaching. Clara my friend and co-teacher made sure the students knew it was my birthday...all week... thus, my ears were certainly not deprived of hearing the joyous song of "Happy Birthday" in English and Korean. It was very sweet and cute of my students, some of them missed it even amongst all the commotion, they did however notice it in the weeks to come, so it really was my Birthday all month long! Thanks to all my friends back in the states and here in Korea for all the messages of happy wishes ^^

A little bit of cultural information...here in Korea birth age is ordered a little different. Their one year begins at birth (or closely around there..not sure...I think there might be a big celebration at the 100 day old mark, not sure which marks)...point is my age is a year older here than what it is in the USA :p Yep, so when I came to Korea I was 25 and I am now 27, the plus is when I return home I will be 26 again, that is if I can remember, this age thing joggles my mind a little too much for my recall. Enjoy the photos!



Soo, brought me this cake <3

Clara and I

A gift from a student <3

The Principal greeted me with this flower :0)

Some of my students singing to me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment