Monday, January 10, 2011

Climb Every Mountain


Steps to help a person begin their climb
up a little mountain

This would be the mountain
we climbed to the top of!
 Hello there my friends! Have you ever climbed a mountain ALL the way to the top in S. Korea??? 

I HAVE!  It was amazing, and what a breeze!  I think I told you that I had high hopes to truly hike here in Korea.  I went on a small nature hike, experienced a crazy busy touristy hike, and now I can say I have experienced a hike where I got my knees dirty and even injured!  Yeah, injured, that's right. 

On the last day of my visit in Bonghwa, Jesse and Teresa took me on a beautiful hike up a small mountain near their apartment building.  We climbed to the top to take a look form a cute observation deck of the little town of Bonghwa.  Near this observation deck were a few exercise equipments.  Yep, they have these all over in Korea!  Now that is a cool fitness center, free and on top of a mountain in the middle of nature.  On a serious note though I think the mountain is much more beautiful without it : 0 )
Also on our hike we found a few interesting species of insects, found a beautiful Gingko tree, walked through a traditional Korean burial yard, and crossed a sticky suspension bridge.  It was much fun; this is where I am a little envious of Jesse and Teresa.  The access they have to such beautiful natural places to wonder off to and just enjoy during their stay in Korea.  Their new home has it's beauties and so does mine so I am content with that but will always look forward to climbing more Bonghwa mountains in the stillness of the country.

I enjoyed this day so I thought you should too <3 




The beauty of Bonghwa.


1 comment:

  1. lol yes...every mountain top needs workout equipment. who doesn't want to work out after climbing a mountain?

    ReplyDelete