Saturday, October 16, 2010

Anyang City (Anyang-Si)

Hey Friends!  Here are some photos and maps of Anyang Si, my new home.  I thought it would be helpful.  Some days as I am walking across massive streets, riding the subway or walking across a bridge with a giant mountain along the side in clear view...I think to myselg:  "Wow!  If only those back home could actually see what I do everyday and where I truly am..they would not believe it"  It is just so neat and I get excited every day just walking to school about where I am right now!


This is a mountain view of my new city!  Anyang City        



 
               Here is a positional map of where Anyang actually is in Korea
             en.anyang.go.kr/new/img/a/sub4_1.gif

In Anyang, I live near(very close to several exits/gates) Beomgye station (sybway transit).  I have noticed that stations are used often to refer to locations in the city.  As more time goes by, you can expect more photos.  As for now here is another map of Anyang :)  I am also going to work on getting a map of the transit  Beomgye line 4.

pictures of AnYang 8 Scenic Sports
                                                           en.anyang.go.kr/new/img/a/sub4_1.gif
There are apparently 8 wonders of Anyang-Si.  I have yet to visit them.  Good thing I have only been here three weeks and have the rest of the year to explore!  Below are two sites that provide information about where I am living, check them out!  The second site is the city's official site, there you can see the 8 wonders of the city and gain a better understanding as to where I am living ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anyang,_Gyeonggi
http://en.anyang.go.kr/new/

1 comment:

  1. I just looked at the eight wonders of Anyang...maybe we need to plan a trip to see the natural forming rocks. Ha,ha...that made me laugh. Good stuff...only in Korea.

    ReplyDelete